Wellbeing Walk (Walking Group)
Brighter Birkenhead PCN Health & Wellbeing Walk is a walk with a difference!
Every Thursdays at 1pm meeting at Birkenhead Visitors Centre all abilities welcome…..
It’s almost impossible not to feel good when we’re walking outdoors – it’s a natural mood-booster! And the great news is we don’t need to walk far or fast to feel its effects on our health and wellbeing.
Everyone is welcome
Everyone walks for their own reasons, whether to ward off illness, manage health conditions or boost their wellbeing.
We make getting active easier, for everyone
The many benefits of walking:
- HEALTHY BODY: It can help keep us healthy and watch our weight. It gives us energy, which makes us feel great!
- HEALTHY MIND: Just like during any form of exercise, our brains release chemicals that make us feel good and can help us cope with things like stress, anxiety, and depression.
- MEET NEW PEOPLE: Walking in a group is a great way to start and keep going. You’ll make new friends, encourage each other, and discover new walks in the area.
- PREVENTING ILLNESS: Staying active is a great way to reduce the likelihood of certain types of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease and to help control the impact of existing conditions.
Brighter Birkenhead PCN Health & Wellbeing Walks are a walk with a difference!
- Lead by a Health & Wellbeing Coach, qualified in Exercise Referral, and a Social Prescribing Link Worker, you’re in safe hands!
- Our walks are easy access for any level of fitness, providing you confidence and empowering you to become more active independently.
- Our walks start at 30-40 minutes in duration and are paced to suit everyone.
- There’s no need to book, just meet us at the time and place below, to walk, talk and meet new people.
- Mobility limitations aren’t an issue: routes are open to all (Please contact walk organiser to check if the route is wheelchair accessible).
Tips for a comfortable and enjoyable walk
- Wear sturdy supportive shoes or boots with good tread for traction.
- You might want to check the weather forecast, bring additional layers of clothing so you can easily adjust to changes in weather.
- Be prepared with a waterproof/ resistant jacket or coat.
- Bring a drink with you.
- Bring some cash if you’d like to join us for a coffee, cake, and chat.
Meeting Place: Birkenhead Park Visitor Centre, Park Drive, Birkenhead, Wirral,